We have released our latest client MacBot!
Thank you to everybody for supporting MacBard, our first product!
MacBard is a native macOS client for Google Bard.
- macOS Ventura or later required
- Native mode with iMessage-like chatting with the Bard API
- Web mode for a direct Bard experience
- Full-fledged menu bar experience for both Native and Web modes
- Floating window accessible by customizable global keyboard shortcut
- Officially notarized by Apple
Important note about using MacBard in the EU and Canada:
Unfortunately, the Gemini Pro API is unavailable in your country and you will get an error when using the native view. However, if you want to use MacBard, here's what you can do:
- Use the web view - we know you'll still love its easy access.
- If you're dead set on the native view, use a VPN and set your location to somewhere else, like the US.
- All the countries supported by the native view (Gemini Pro API) are here: https://ai.google.dev/available_regions
We know you'll still love MacBard! Give us a try!
We will let you know when this changes.
Also, check out our companion iOS app: Bardie, here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bardie/id6475639117
MacBard's developers do not collect any user data or have access to the users' chats. All chats sent using the native view are sent directly to Google's API and are promptly deleted when the user quits the app or chooses to move to a new conversation. All chats sent using the web view are sent directly to Google Bard's website. User settings are stored locally on the device.